One can only get a sense for a place like Azule either through visiting or through a vast documentary process. This small photo tour attempts to be a taste of what potential residents and visitors can find in this incredible place. Photo credits go to Bailey Barash, Christopher Jayne, and sundry residents that have spent time at Azule over the years.
The Main House has three floors. The Lower Level and the Main Floor are easily accessible for all. The Upper Floor is accessible through the concierge's apartment for wheelchairs.
Upstairs (Main House)
- The "Blue Waves" is a private bedroom and has a single and a double bed.
- The "Loft" is a private bedroom with a double bed accessible by ladder and a study room with a very large light table.
- "The Dorm unit" has 4 bunk beds and sleeps up to eight people.
- A bath with shower/tub and sink and, in a separate room, a toilet and sink.
- The "Dance Room." This room is large enough for exercising, yoga, dance and theatre rehearsals, performative art classes or lectures and presentations. It has fantastic natural lighting and mosaic windows circling the circumference.
- A covered porch that overlooks our babbling creek and cascading ponds.
- A small sunroom for writing, relaxing, meditating, and more.
Main Floor (Main House)
The main floor is an open plan with:
- A large room called “The Library." It can be used as a workroom or a meeting/conference room for up to twenty five people. Azule houses a large collection of books on most every topic here as well!
- A basic office for AZULE and residents with a Mac computer and a wireless laser printer which connects to any laptop computer wirelessly, and has photocopying and scanning capacities. The Mac, an older computer, has Microsoft Office, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- A kitchen, shared between residents, provides all necessary cookware and utensils and some basic items like salt, spices, oil, paper towels, etc. There is an extra refrigerator for overflow on the Lower Level.
- A dining area with table space to seat twelve or more.
- A special sitting/rest area, which may also be a bed for single or double occupancy.
- A half bath and an accessible half bath; (an accessible shower soon to be ready.)
- An extension of the dining area houses musical access to a large collection of LPs and CDs and Books in French.
- A large music roomed designed in the shape of a nautilus. This room has wonderful acoustics and has an upright Baldwin piano and a bed. Perfect for musicians in residence or for playing "Chopsticks" if you are less musically inclined!
- A "control room" just outside of the music room. Here you will find some instrument storage, including an electric keyboard and amp.
- One covered porch and one open porch with built-in bench seating.
Lower Level (Main House)
The lower level is below ground on the north side but at ground level on the south side. A lot of natural light streams in from southern windows! It includes:
- A large main room that receives broad daylight. A stage has an older acoustic piano and a set of drums. A favorite place for painters and printmakers, it is also used for workshops and special events. Large tables are available.
- A half bath.
- A small kitchenette with a refrigerator/freezer and counter space
- A large round patio is right outside.
THE OLD TOBACCO BARN
The old tobacco Barn has been restored and offers primitive camping on its deck as well as a great view. It is also used for specific workshops.
With a series of collecting small pools, this is a wonderful place to enjoy spring water, rocks and wildlife.
OTHER BUILDINGS and THE 35 ACRES OF LAND can be explored by all guests and residents with the exception of the “Old Workshop”.